Sunday, September 16, 2007

stencils; die

Stencils wallowing in their own stencilness is kind of blowing up right now, in advertising and other non-wall contexts. Isla's been doing a bunch of 'em, and hers keep getting better; also, everybody's in love with Banksy, right? I just wanted to say, I'm excited that I don't hate a popular design trend. I'm sure it'll get old, but for now I am excited.

Also Die! Die! Die! is gonna have a new full-length in November. It hasn't been leaked to the internet music pirates (me; arr) yet, as far as I can tell. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. i kinda like it too. a friend of mine in seattle is actually a pretty great stencil artist, and most of her stuff ends up in gallery showings rather than walls and such. it is interesting to see stencil art "out of context" in a lot of ways.

Unknown said...

I saw this great film a few months back where the main character was a stencil artist. The art that appeared in the film was really good.